Safford Hyundai of Springfield was a relatively new point when they came to us and were struggling with consistency. The bottom line – they weren’t making any money. We put together a full-scale strategy to include a wide range of digital and social marketing combined with a consistent cable TV presence and owner body communication. STRONG then submitted a co-op request to Hyundai for additional funds in support of the plan.
- Springfield and surrounding communities are affluent areas with
median HHI near $100,000.
- The majority (62%) of households that own new vehicles purchased them at dealerships located within 20 miles of their homes. Thirty-six percent bought them within 10 miles of their homes.
- 41,356 ethnic Koreans live in Fairfax County, VA, making up 62% of Koreans in all of Virginia.
- 146,272 identify as Hispanic or Latino but not Mexican, Puerto Rican or Cuban. These people cluster in Springfield and the periphery of Fairfax County.
- People ages 55 to 64 have the highest probability of buying a new vehicle compared to other age groups
A multi-level strategy was required. Safford Hyundai of Springfield is located within the Washington DC DMA, a very expensive media market. The marketing plan would need to be strategic and diverse, and capable of appealing to 4 distinct target groups:
- Upscale Younger Families
- Upscale Older Families
- Upscale Koreans
Within the first 6 months of our partnership, they were turning a monthly profit. Fast forward to our second year together, and they will more than double total profits from the previous year.
Stay in the fast lane
Get industry updates delivered
to your inbox