Toyota Dealer Advertising
Top Picks must meet criteria in three areas:
- Road tests- Vehicles must rank at or near the top of their categories in overall road-test score, which includes more than 50 individual tests and evaluations.
- Reliability- Each must have an average or better predicted-reliability rating, which is based on the problems Consumer Reports subscribers reported for more than 1.4 million vehicles in the latest Annual Auto Survey.
- Safety- Top Picks must perform adequately in overall safety if tested by the government or the insurance industry. In addition, each must offer vehicle stability control (VSC), a proven lifesaving safety feature, as standard equipment or as a readily available option.
The best all-around Toyotas, in their category, chosen as “Top Picks” for 2009 include:
- BEST GREEN CAR- TOYOTA PRIUS (6th year in a row!)
- BEST SMALL SUV- TOYOTA RAV4 (3rd year in a row!)
- BEST MIDSIZE SUV- TOYOTA HIGHLANDER
- BEST MINIVAN- TOYOTA SIENNA
As we have come to expect, Toyota models placed extremely high in the Consumer Reports testing. Their latest results yielded data from over 1.4 million responders.
John Paul Strong
John Paul Strong combines his two decades of automotive marketing experience with a team of more than 140 professionals as owner and CEO of Strong Automotive.